I am sure that the majority of people now reading this post are fully aware of the devastation that has been caused by the floods in Queensland. It is mind-blowing to think that 75% of the state has been declared a disaster zone, and that equates to an area the size of France and Germany, put together.
It is beyond comprehension, so many people’s lives have been affected, or worse still, lost.
I have been in silent prayer the past few days, but mourning isn’t as effective as action. Toni at Make it Perfect has organised a huge on-line auction and all proceeds will be going to the Premier’s Flood Appeal.
There are nine patterns for nine stitchery blocks, with comprehensive instructions for how to put the quilt together.
The winning bidder will also receive a bespoke quilt LABEL made by me, which will have EACH GUM TREE DESIGNER’S NAME SIGNED on it.
Here is how it works…
1. Bidding will start at $50 Australian
2. Place your bid by leaving a comment on this post with the amount you are bidding, together with your email address
3. I will pay for postage anywhere in the world
4. The Auction will start NOW and will END midday (12 noon) Tuesday 25th January (Melbourne time)
5. I will notify the winner at closing
6. Winner will pay direct to Premier's Flood Relief Appeal
7. Once proof of payment has been received the BOM will be posted. The label may take a few days longer to post, due to some of the gum tree designers living in states that have been affected by the floods, and therefore not receiving or being able to post items themselves. But it WILL follow!
Remember that every single cent goes to those people who need it in Queensland.
I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for your generosity.
I’ll be back in a short while as I have another special item to offer as a giveaway/raffle… see you then! x
Hugs! Vikki xo